How To Change Profile Name COD4
By: David Rader II on December 27, 2007 @ 7:19 PM
It has come to my attention that Punk Buster (PB) may consider this a hack/cheat
Apparently punkbuster may consider backing up what you've worked for or correcting a mistake (in name creation) unethical. So, to be safe, you might want to start all over from scratch to avoid being banned from some good servers.
If you've been wondering how to change your use/profile name on Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, I've got just the trick for your gaming needs.
1. First find your COD4 folder (usually in C/program files/Activision. Then open it.
2. Open up "players," then open up "profiles"
3. Right-click on your main profile name, then select "Copy"
4. Right click on a blank area in the folder, select "Paste"
5. Rename that folder to what you want your NEW profile name to be.
6. Open up that folder, then open up "config_mp.cfg" (if it asks you which program to open it with, select WordPad)
7. Find your user name ("CTRL+F" may help), then replace it with the user name you want, the same as you named the folder.
Voila! When you start your game next time, your new profile should be there! (The old user name should still be there too, saved just in case)
Warnings: Do so at your own risk. It worked fine for me.
This way, you can save all of your experience without playing tens, hundreds, or thousands of games again.
#1 Smart March 23, 2008 @ 7:20 AM
Must be dumbest input i seen.. You can also use "Multiplayer Option" in game.. kinda there for a reson, ya know! Jesus christ.. some noobs!! lol
#2 Pro Gamer March 23, 2008 @ 12:12 PM
Well it's also good for backing up names, or taking names to another computer.
Special Characters for ASCII Art
Free TV Project and Legal